Mississippi Product Liability Attorneys
With Personal Injury Law Offices in Oxford and Tupelo
Helping Injured Individuals throughout North Mississippi
When you go to the store and purchase an item, you have reason to believe that the product is safe to use. As consumers, we are constantly putting a lot of trust in the manufacturers, wholesalers, and vendors who create goods and get them into our hands. It is understandable that mistakes can happen, but what happens when a product puts you in danger or seriously harms you?
If you have been injured by a dangerous item that you purchased, product liability holds the manufacturer or seller responsible for your injuries. To bring justice to your situation, you need a skilled Mississippi product liability attorney fighting for you. The field of product liability is nuanced and is governed by a set of particular laws, so it is important to retain a firm with extensive experience in this area of the law. Brad Morris Law Firm, PLLC has represented several North Mississippi residents who were injured by consumer goods and can put this experience to work for you.
Types of Product Defects
Anyone involved in the process of designing, making, and selling products to the general public is responsible for controlling the quality of the product and ensuring that it is safe to use.
The three types of defects that can be used to form a product liability claim are:
- Design defects: A flaw in the inherent design of a product can make it unsafe to use
- Manufacturing defects: If the manufacturer failed to properly follow the product design specifications, they may have caused a dangerous defect
- Informational defects: If the seller failed to properly label the product, instruct the consumer on its use, or inform the consumer of potential hazards, they can be held liable for a consumer’s injury
Helping You Seek Justice
Assuming that you are using a product properly, you have every right to believe that the product should not harm you. If you were injured in an accident caused by a defective product, Brad Morris Law Firm, PLLC wants to help you fight for the appropriate compensation.
We can assist you if you were injured by a defective:
- Automobile – Examples of vehicle defects that may be safety hazards include: broken steering or accelerator, leaky fuel systems, cracked or broken wheels, defective windshield wipers, broken seats, defective airbags that fail to deploy or deploy at the wrong time, and more.
- Medical device – There are a variety of different medical devices that can cause harm if they are defective, including: metal hip replacements, hip implants, transvaginal mesh, and various other types of equipment used in medical treatment.
- Tool – Defective tools can include anything from hand tools to industrial or transportation equipment. This can mean anything from conveyor belts to welding tools and forklifts.
- Piece of machinery – Defective machinery accidents typically occur in work environments and can be a result of any number of things including poor maintenance and/or negligent safety precautions.
- Piece of furniture – Defective furniture or furniture that fails to observe basic safety precautions may result in injury if it collapses or falls over on top of someone.
- Electronic device – Defective electronics can often pose the risk of electric shock or other accidents.
Our Mississippi product liability attorneys look forward to hearing your story and determining how we can help you hold the seller or manufacturer responsible. With offices in Oxford and Tupelo, we offer personalized service right here at home.